If you think you or someone you know has experienced sexual misconduct, there is a variety of support options available.


Sexual Violence Liaison Officers (SVLOs): The University has staff members with specialist training who can provide sensitive, professional support to students who have experienced sexual misconduct. These are known as Sexual Violence Liaison officers (SVLOs). They work within a strict set of boundaries and a code of confidentiality. They are not counsellors or legal advisers, but they can help you access appropriate support to meet your individual needs, such as:
  • Referral to external specialist services.
  • Academic support and adjustments, e,g. Extenuating Circumstances.
  • Referral to counselling and mental health support.
  • Information about University policies and procedures.
The SVLO team are accessible during office hours (9am-5pm) Monday-Friday. Contact the Student Wellbeing team:
Counselling at the university: We have professional counsellors who are experienced in working with psychological and emotional issues. They abide by the Ethical Framework set out by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy and provide confidential support within a brief therapy model.

Students' Union: The Greenwich Students' Union (GSU) is independent from the above support services within the university. If you wish to speak to an advisor about an issue related to sexual misconduct, please contact the GSU Advice Team.


Sexual Assault Referral Centres SARCs offer medical, practical, and emotional support. They have specially trained doctors, nurses, and support workers. You don't have to report an incident to the police to use a SARC. You can still refer yourself for assessment and medical care. If you do decide to make a report to the police, they can also arrange for you to attend a SARC for medical care and, if you wish, a forensic medical examination. The NHS non-emergency helpline 111 will be able to give details of your nearest SARC, or you can use a postcode search facility.

HAVENS Specialist Centres (SARC-Sexual Assault Referral Centre) (Women, Men, LGBT) are based in Camberwell, Whitechapel and Paddington in London. For urgent advice/appointments: telephone 020 3299 6900

Beech House The Kent and Medway SARC Sexual Assault Referral Centre (Men, Women, LGBT). Telephone: 0800 133 7432

Rape Crisis To access help if you've experienced rape, child sexual abuse or any kind of sexual violence, or if you need details of local Rape Crisis services. They also offer information about sexual violence for survivors, people supporting survivors (including men and boys), and information about their work. 

Survivor’s Network They are fully accredited members of Rape Crisis England and Wales. They offer professional relevant services to survivors of any gender aged 14+ who have experienced any form of sexual violence. They have helplines for people who self-identify as women, for people who identify as trans, non-binary and support and referral services for men and boys. Only Brighton residents can use their Counselling and ISVA services, but the drop-ins and helplines are open to anyone.

SurvivorsUK  They can offer a range of support services including counselling and therapy appointments as well as online chat. All services are provided by trained professionals. They welcome anyone who identifies as male, trans, non-binary, has identified as male in the past, or anyone who feels that they are the right fit for them.

Please, check out this page for further options: External Sexual Misconduct Support

Specialist Support Services:
Disability Support
LGBTQ+ Support
Mental Health Support
Multi-Ethnic Support
Multi-Faith Support

There are two ways you can tell us what happened